View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Concerned and frustrated

I'm almost five months into my PCS. I am improving but I'm concerned about a couple of things.

I went to a birthday party and there was about 20 people in the room. I did good for about an hour and a half. I stayed in the corner and focused on a couple of people. I didn't "mingle" like I used to do. I was doing fine and then all of a sudden my head started to whoosh loudly, I got off balance and had to sit down. I tried to focus on simple thoughts and tune out the room but it didn't work. I went outside, sat down and cried. Needless to say... we left.

I also am concerned about the whooshing noises. They vary in loudness. I know I posted this before but along with the noises comes a head fullness like it's going to explode and this awful pain behind my eyes.

I'm frustrated because I have been going to the "Head Injury Clinic". When I mention my concern the neuropsycologist justs smiles and continues to ask me about how I'm feeling emotionally. Well hmmm lets see, DUH.... I feel like crap....

I read online about the pulsile tennitus and it's causes. I'm concerned because last night I had the whooshing, pain behind the eyes, twitching and couldn't sleep due to the pain. If I bend over my head feels like it's going to pop.

Is this normal????? I finally called a different Neurologist outside of the Head Injury Clinic because I want to ask him questions without him focusing on the psychological aspects.

I think overall I'm doing pretty well. I have my down days, my "pity parties" but I do overcome them and feel better after I've let it out.

Last night I almost went to the emergency room.. I dont know maybe I should have.

I know people have mentioned having these noises as I have asked opinions about it before. Does anyone have physical symptoms as well?
xxxxcrystalxxxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote