View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 12:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If you are looking for affordable pain drugs, Morphine extended release is the most affordable, after methadone, which is the cheapest but methadone remains risky.

Another option is Fentanyl patches, also expensive.

And some people use Suboxone, but that requires a special doctor who has a Suboxone permit license to give it.

There are other narcotics like Opana. Nucynta does not seem to be popular from what I've read.

Choice really depends on the doctor and patient-- some patients would not be candidates for methadone at all.
We did try the morphine er first, but it took a dose of 80mg twice a day to get any pain relief at all, and the nausea was unbelievable and I couldn't keep anything down if I even felt like trying to eat at all-- so he switched me to Oxycontin instead and it's worked ok without all of the side effects. I haven't had any of what I hear are 'normal' side effects- nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, etc except constipation. But it just seems like everything we try seems to work for a little while, and then it doesn't work anymore, and we keep increasing the dose, and I'm afraid that I'll be at the max of everything and still not be getting relief soon, and I worry about that. I know there have got to be people out there in worse condition than I am, so what do they take?
72daywmn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote