Thread: Communication
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I remember thinking about this when my son in law was in Iraq. When Dad was in the service a letter from Dad was a time to celebrate. My daughter didn't get letters. He called as aften as he could which was pretty often and they email several times a day and then also used Skype!. So they continued to talk about everyday problems and argue. So they not only had the stress of him being in Iraz but they argues a lot about normal things.

It is no secret I use a tracfone because I think cell phones can be an intrusion in a persons privacy. Why can't a person go to the mall with friends and the friends enjoy each others company without some ones cell ohone ringing and then that friend has chosen to take herself out of the fun with her group. I have watched what looks to be a divorced Dad at a restruant and he is on the cell phone most of the time and his kids just sitting there getting into trouble. The other night I sat at Cracker Barrell and a couple sat next to us. Both of them immedialtely got out their phones and were either reading or playing games. They rarely talked, just had those cell phones going. Kids, and adults use their cell phone to call/text someone in the next room. Plus the charges. Oh, don't even getme started on that. I use about 100 minutes a year and it costs me around $100/year.

Yes, I do enjoy my computer and Nook but cell phone, I'll stick with my cheap tracfone.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (12-01-2011), Kitty (12-01-2011), SallyC (12-02-2011)