View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Crystal,

Is the Head Injury Clinic just a Neuro-Psych clinic? He sounds clueless. Not uncommon for NP's. Some believe most of a head injury symptoms are psychological.

Your event was an overload of your sensory system causing an increase in adrenaline which increases your blood pressure. It is the 'fight or flight' survival mechanism in your brain. It just does not work for those of us with PCS.

If you can, keep a blood pressure kit hand, like in the car. When you have this whoosing, take your BP. I bet it is high and the whoosing is from the extra blood flowing through your head.

There is no way to be in the 20 voices environment and focus away from the voices. The brain still hears the other voices and struggles to process them. Ear plugs can help but many are embarrassed to use them. It is either, "wear the ear plugs" or "leave the event" or "have a melt down."

I went to a new barbecue restaurant last night with my wife. The main dining room was too loud so we sat in the bar. The music kept changing volume with each song so we asked for the volume to be turned down. Even then, I needed to put my ear plugs in.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote