View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I still dream about my ex husband and usually they're not happy dreams. I understand though about the feeling of being haunted by the past. I have a hard time not asking God, "Why Me?" Mostly about becoming disabled and about my son being autistic, but I haven't found any way to stop thinking about those "What If's" and I know it's not healthy but I find myself doing it a couple times a week.

I think when I lost my old wedding photo album during the last move I lost a lot of old memories that were just fine to lose, however I still find myself dreaming about the ex ocassionally. I'm sorry you're feeling so unable to let go, I just wanted to share a bit about my situation and how I have trouble letting go too, but also to show that you're not alone in having that trouble.

I wish there was more I could offer to help you with this one befuddled, but unfortunately we're in the same boat on this one. I am remarried now and happier then I've ever been, yet I still have moments of weakness where I break down and cry about these things, (most recently last night but I don't feel so bad this morning) but I just tell myself that everyone has those moments and that I need to put it out of my mind because it's only hurting me to think about it all.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.