View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 05:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
HOPEFUL I LOVE YOU AND YOU ARE WONDERFUL

yes i am shouting that at you

You don't bring me down when write in about your pain, your make me human! BY admiting and exposing yourself in this manner, you allow me to be vulnrable as well. I could not do this if others did not reveal themselves as well. Please dont ever feel like oooops i shouldn't tell you how to feel..... Please don't think I get sick of hearing from you or judge or condem because you have low feelings. I have them to. I have come from a mother who did not allow for ANY emotions what so ever - other than her anger! So I can come here now and share my depression over my condition for the first time - i need to know that you feel like I do - I feel bad sharing my pain as well. It is very hard for me to share my pain with others. Dumping on others was never allowed in my household when I was a child. It is allowed now! And it is neccesary! I am happy to share the pain that you struggle with sharing the pain!

I also love the part about how you say you are the neuropathy - oh yah, been ther. done that. I have a good friend who shares this wonder with me as well. As I have beeen advised on this site work on some of your relationships to aviod that, but ya, sometimes you are just gonna be your condition - especially on bad days, but thats why we can come to this site. Thanks to all the people who have refined and maintained this site - because it has really saved me this past month.

Susanne - I really love your advice. I have had to really become a different person so I don't inflict my angst, pain, frustration, etc, onto my family to much. I modify my activity levels so that I don't get into too high of a pain threshold. It kills my kids and husband to see me in ANY pain what so ever. So from active go getter I become a sit and do nothing. I often get too frustrated watching them do stuff, so I have to get up and leave the location they are in for a while. That hurts me emotionally, but I find I get snappy and short because I am frustrated that I cannot participate in family projects, acivities and chores. They understand and have gotten used to it as well and would rather I sit off in the distance and read a little while, while they do things so I can get my emotions under control again. But it is so hard for someone who grew up independent (forced upon) and self-sufficient, to sit back and have everyone do everything for her! It hurts too that my kids and husband have to do so much more work because I can't maintain my fair share 3/4 of the year.

But doing it this way keeps me from being in too much pain (along with all my icky meds!) and still been an emotional and vocal part of thier lives in a positve way.
thanks for the kind words it is wonderful to have a place to voice how I really feel and get responses and encouragement from people who really understand.

hopeful
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote