View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Stacy,

I thought flygirl sounded pretty cute too ;-)

So I was correct in that the tooth was fractured! Sometimes I think I've been in this profession for too many years and just seen too many of the same scenarios!

A fractured tooth can cause all sorts of symptoms that sometimes seem unrelated or distant to the affected tooth. In other words, the discomfort or pain can feel like it's coming from the gum or the sinus or the teeth next to the fractured one. Depending on where the fracture is, sometimes tyhe tooth can be stabilized with a crown....other times it cannot. Some dentists root canal fractured teeth with the intention of "saving" the tooth. The truth is, the root canal does nothing to repair the fracture and only causes further damage and bacteria inside of the tooth.

I am SO impressed with your open mindedness about alternative medicine and how much effort you put in to your own health! I'm guessing that you sought this out because you want to avoid being sick like many of the people you see every day. Good for you!!! I am always floored at the menagerie of meds my patients are taking and they have no clue how sick these meds are making them. Like many of us, we want to trust our doctor and believe that he is leading us down the right path. I hope your advice to people is well taken and they at least try your suggestions.

Your professional background enables you to appreciate the complexities associated with bacterias that are confined in tiny, warm spaces like the microscopic canals inside of a tooth. You have a very good idea of what is cooking in there..... I wish I could convey this message better to those who don't have your background. Any suggestions?

I'm sorry you are dealing with this situation but I am so glad that you are here to share your story and insight with others. Please keep us informed of your visit.... and I'm hoping you will then stick around for awhile longer!!!!!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl7 View Post
I realize I didn't put in my name, but it's kinda cute to be called Flygirl!

As a matter of fact, that tooth had a fracture that was unrepaired for years. Dentists mentioned it, but didn't say anything about putting on a crown until the root canal.

I especially feel stupid now because I'm a pharmacist, and over the past 7 years I've done a ton of research on alternative medicine, vitamins, homeopathy, and I even advise people on that. I take no medications besides a handful of vitamins daily, I eat organic, I don't use toxic cleaners or cosmetics. But yet in my own history, look what I did! Oh, if I could turn back the clock.

Yes, in 2 weeks, I go see a DDS/MD who has a residency in oral surgery and is board certified. I thought those were good credentials. Hopefully, the sinus is unaffected, but if it is, he can fix it. For that advice, I have to thank you again, Bryanna, because in other responses, you told people to go to oral surgeons, not just a dentist, for these procedures.

Many, many thanks. I'll post again after I visit the surgeon. In the meantime, I'll keep reading to offer support to everybody else!
Stacy
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote