View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bent98 View Post
All these doctors say my neck is not causing what I have. I have had this posture ever since I can remeber.
Some of the posture symptoms sound familiar too. My last business kept me slouched over the terminal for 8-16 hours a day for ten years. Not good, and it sneaks up on you all at once. Seated chin tucks have helped quite a bit, though they hurt like the dickens at first (as the PT warned me). After several weeks though, things got quite a bit better. I do them more easily now, and monitor my seated posture more closely.

I've had quite a bit of Myofascial Triggerpoint Therapy; eventually the therapist taught us to do it at home, we bought the workbook, and now we use it whenever applicable.

Thanks for the link on UCS; I'll look into that further, though there's no question of my cervical spine being the main issue in my case. Osteoarthritis is known to cause Degenerative Disc Disease.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote