View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lots on your mind !

Hi there !

From what I know -- AA is ALWAYS OPEN. You don't leave AA. But you "can" walk out the door -- maybe to return someday when you have a degree in alcohol consumption; maybe not, if you indeed do not have a problem.

I can relate to you, because many yrs. ago, I went to an AA meeting and decided I was too young and pretty to be with all these dark, depressing, old people. I "was not there yet" and I could get all this under control.

I walked out the door and returned 2 wks. later, after I crashed into the back of a parked camper and (fortunately) realized I was about to lose the love of my life ... a man to whom I am still married, btw.

Only you can decide where you want to take this ... sounds like you have a lot of answers.

I like what Fogbrain had to say. "Winners" are careful about doling out unsolicited advice, unless specifically asked. Like many organizations, AA is comprised of all types of individuals; and like FB suggested, "the only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking."

If you decide to walk, a "winner" will not pass judgment. If you deside to stay, seek out the "winners" - those who are working their programs and not doling out reprimands and unsolicited advice.

Maybe you need to go out and experiment some more to prove your points. This is your right! But if you ever need to return, you'll always be welcome. (And it's always a good idea to try different meetings if people are "bugging" you.)

It's all up to YOU.

Good Luck and God Bless,
Ambrosia
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (04-20-2014)