View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 07:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Some of the posture symptoms sound familiar too. My last business kept me slouched over the terminal for 8-16 hours a day for ten years. Not good, and it sneaks up on you all at once. Seated chin tucks have helped quite a bit, though they hurt like the dickens at first (as the PT warned me). After several weeks though, things got quite a bit better. I do them more easily now, and monitor my seated posture more closely.

I've had quite a bit of Myofascial Triggerpoint Therapy; eventually the therapist taught us to do it at home, we bought the workbook, and now we use it whenever applicable.

Thanks for the link on UCS; I'll look into that further, though there's no question of my cervical spine being the main issue in my case. Osteoarthritis is known to cause Degenerative Disc Disease.

Doc
This was an interesting article I found that talks about a link between Fibro and Cervical Trauma. It's intriguing as they discuss the link between neurological central pain and the C5-6 area. They also go into talking about cortisol and other levels that chronic pain taxes.

They were able to take that pain away by microcurrent therapy. I am wondering if that was similiar to calamare. Talk of people on the forums about TCDS working well is hopefull, which I may infact give a try next week.

Retraining the brain or at least tell the brain to block or dull pain through electrical stiulation maybe the future on how pain doctors treat pain. I guess only time will tell.

http://fibrofreenow.com/PDFs/Fibromy...raumapaper.pdf
bent98 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote