View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 09:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm glad I thought to look for support groups, I banged my head and had staples just about a month ago. The ER doctor didn't do any imaging, told me she didn't think there would be any concussion. Well THAT was wrong. Three days later after feeling somewhat OK I got severe severe dizziness, sleepiness, nausea...and I have vertigo already, I can tell you THAT dizziness was much worse than my usual. After I went back and got a clear CAT scan and a diagnosis of concussion I took two weeks off from school and felt better when I went back. Then after about a week the dizziness returned, the nausea, the headaches, anxiety, mood swings, forgetfulness, I was having panic attacks because I didn't understand how this could be happening..I was going through my final testing to be a nurse's assistant which involves some lifting and critical thinking and to be honest it was 3 days of hell. I just barely passed a course which should have been easy for me.
Now I've just finished yesterday and I looked around and saw that I had post concussion syndrome and that it takes time to go away. But my secret fear has been that I will never get better, in fact that I will just get worse and worse until I'm demented...not knowing much about what's happened to me. But I'm almost in tears here to see other people saying that yes others have had it and have fully recovered, even if I'm sincerely praying it doesn't take 2 years......BTW what do you do with yourself if you have to live this way for 2 years??
rosebower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote