View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 12:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owen View Post
I have good days and bad days. Some days im just tired of trying to function like this. Other days ive got more of a fighting spirit. I have trouble forgetting what im doing. I have extreme trouble formulating a plan. Like im going to do this, and then this, and then this. Ive adapted to just doing things as i think of them.

Im extremely irritable. Sometimes, just being touched drives makes me almost lose it. Ive started snapping at people. Things not normal for me at all. Im a bitter person now. The weirdest thing is that ive been having extremely premiscuous feelings. Now im a loyal guy,ive never cheated, so i dont understand where they are coming from. I havent acted on them, nor do i intend to. I dont know if im trying to fill this emotional void with sex? It causes me a great amount of distress. Should i seek a psychiatrist to sort this out?
Owen, I got my concussion one month ago and the doc in the ER sent me home that day and said go ahead and drive myself to school tomorrow, didn't give me any kind of CAT scan, even tho I need 3 staples. 3 days later my PCS set in and I had to have a CAT scan uninsured, because my insurance ran out THE DAY AFTER I got hit, AND the ER doc knew that on the day of! I was ticked and I'm fighting the bill with a request for FreeCare since it was her negligence that meant I had to get the scan uninsured anyway. But I SOOO sympathize with the trouble to form plans and the forgetfulness. It's hard to think straight when your head hurts that much, I'm no doctor but it's obvious that the symptoms are terribly distracting. I had to do my clinical skills testing for a CNA course taking care of nursing home patients while this was going on, doing heavy lifting and planning how to do safe care in a timely manner. HA HA, as you can probably imagine it was 3 days of HELL and I barely passed a course that I should have breezed through.
From all that I've gathered, there is indeed no better treatment than as much good sleep as you can manage, counseling for the emotional trauma, and I've seen references to biofeedback which I'm going to explore. I have vertigo, an anxiety disorder, and ADD anyway so I maybe should have looked into that before. I've started drawing again- just picking up a pencil and doodling images that make me feel good. Roses, chickadees, stars and planets, horses eyes, whatever. I found that I was pleased with how they turned out because I was drawing something I loved that I already knew well. And I cry a lot. Even if something makes me laugh, the laugh usually turns into crying. I know that's part of it too, so I'm learning to be alright with it for now.
AND, when you mentioned feeling promiscuous, that rang a bell because I've been longing for the past month to be held again by my ex from 5 years ago, at the same time that I'm feeling like giving in to the advances of this nice guy who I'm never been attracted to, just to be touched and held. I'm fighting it tho, because I'm pretty sure if it weren't for this I wouldn't feel that way, but I do think it's the trauma, emotional or physical, that makes one feel more in need of physical affection. I haven't heard it from anyone else but I do think it's an effect of the injury in some way.
rosebower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote