View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 01:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

I don't have a xray with me, and could not get them.
I visited two dentists and they both said that the root end was not touched.
I'm going on travel, so I went ahead and had RC redone. It was done in one sitting.
Now I started have pain and I feel there is some kind of pressure, and now the tooth touching upper tooth and unable to chew properly. Also sometimes when I speak the RCd tooth hits upper tooth gives me sharp pain.
Pain is relieved for a brief period of time when I have some hot beverages

I called the dentist and he said its common to have pain and f
Now I think I'm going to lose both 24 and 25.
am I paranoid???
Cheers,
Kanna
I cannot upload images and post links as I'm new to this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Kanna,

Teeth number 24 and 25 are the two lower front anterior teeth. They generally have a small, fragile root structure compared to the other teeth. Many things can be happening with these teeth especially since they were root canaled 10 yrs ago. Any chance you could post an xray??

Re treating any tooth a second time with a root canal does nothing to alter the condition of the tooth because the tiny canals that are infected will remain infected after the retreatment because they are not accessible. It is a waste of time and money.

Telling a patient that the root canal was not done properly is a lame excuse for doing a retreatment that will not change the condition of the tooth. It is irrelevant of how the root canal procedure is done, the tooth will always remain infected for the reasons that I've stated above.

Bryanna
kannaiah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote