View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

First off..... I'd start drinking Kefir daily. This has just been a miracle for me. I have about 4-6 ounces every day now as insurance! Doxy is very hard on the bowel. Kefir is lactose free and gluten free. I mix 1/2 and 1/2 Peach and unflavored low fat.
(to keep the sugar down). Hubby likes the Blueberry one.

Lifeway Kefir is reasonably priced and comes in flavors and has 12 probiotics in it... It reversed a huge GI problem I had in Aug and again in Sept this year.

A friend got me on it (I already eat yogurts), but this is far superior.
http://www.lifeway.net/
Our nearby Kroger's has it, which is handy for us!

Rocephin depletes:
All the B's including Biotin
lactobacillus and bifidobacteria
Vitamin K (probably from killing off beneficial bacteria).
Inositol

Doxycycline:
depletes the same as above with additional:
calcium
magnesium
iron
(this is probably by complexing it out of food).

I think some toxins would also be created by the Herx reaction of the die off of the Lyme. These can be tough. I've had people with other antibiotic use, complain of feeling ill from die off.
The Candida that results from the Doxy also makes tons of aldehydes, and these affect the nerves when high. Benfotiamine can help with that (a better form of thiamine).

You might find you feel much much better using the Kefir. I was having trouble eating spicy foods, and some other things before I started it, and now I can eat anything I want (except fructose). I am not having so much Raynaud's symptoms in my hands and feet either.

I would switch to R-lipoic acid "stabilized" form instead of alpha lipoic. It is very highly absorbed and 100mg a day on an empty stomach is all you need.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ght=stabilized
I use Doctor's Best (now available reasonably from Amazon!)

I also use 300mg of theanine now, at night. I believe it helps.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...light=Theanine
I like the theanine very much and because of it I will be trying a new supplement that is similar... called PharmaGaba. It hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know how it will go. The theanine is relaxing without sleepiness so it takes the "edge off" and I suppose it IS helping my feet now too. I only started it in August.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote