View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

That is painful to read. So sorry you have this problem!

Did you get adequate Vit D support? I'm reading in the science magazines, that you can cut colds/upper respiratory infections by up to 62% by raising your D levels.

Hubby and I have not had a cold or flu for 3 yrs now on the higher D3 we both take. It has been a wonderful experience!

Another thing that helps are essential fatty acids. Flax oil and fish oil. These strengthen the membranes of the lungs and bronchi and help resist infection. I did that over a decade ago, and fixed my GERD and asthma so I need no drugs now for either.

Some lung infections are resistant now to Z-pak. If you do 500mg daily for 3 days, instead of the 250mg regimen, it tends to work better.

Another thing that helps is Mucinex DM (there are generics for this, at WalMart (Mucus relief DM-- and Walgreen's.). This is like Robitussin DM liquid only in tablet form. The DM helps the PN... I have a post here about it even from 3 yrs ago, and the guaifenesin helps the mucus move out and not stagnate. Clear mucus is good. Sometimes after an infection, it continues for 2-3 weeks, as the body over-reacts to the invasion. Helping it move out, reduces your discomforts. Drinking alot and I mean ALOT of water helps too.

Hubby and I have allergies and when we get congested we use 1/2 Mucus relief DM at night when we go to bed. This reduces the congestion and prevents further incidents of potential infection.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
adelina (12-02-2011), hopeful (12-02-2011)