Thread: Back Pay
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 04:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdh1 View Post
Thanks for that. I don't have any SSI or anything else involved. I tried calling SS but this isn't a good day for that LOL.
I'll appreciate anything anyone knows.
Did you receive your awards letter explaining what your back pay was and when you would be getting it? Mine did and I received exactly what it said on the exact date it said. If you did get your awards letter take a look at it again, where it says :
WHAT WE WILL PAY ABD WHEN
the first line says you will receive XXXXXX around DEC 1st, 2011 (that was my back pay amount.)

second line explains the time span the back pay covers.

third line tells you what your monthly amount will be and that your December payment will come in January (well that is what mine says)

If you did not get your awards letter, you may have to wait until monday to call them and find out, but they should be open until 7pm tonight. Did you collect unemployment benefits or anything like that, that may have to be paid back? (I know I said something of the sort b4) But if there is any $$$ owed to the government, I BELIEVE, not sure, but believe that they can withhold/put a lien on it. (I thought I read that somewhere, but AGAIN, I am not sure)

The person I know received back pay every 6 months (2x) and on the 3rd time received the remaining balance, so maybe the whole process was changed. Sorry if I confused you even more!!

Live, Laugh, Love~
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote