View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kanna,

The teeth are infected. The infection is progressing to the jawbone adding to the already present inflammation, that's why they hurt. Is this pain typical after a root canal, yes because the teeth are infected and the bacteria is building up pressure inside/outside of the tooth. Does that mean it's ok to have this happening, absolutely not.

There is not much more information that I can offer you other than to say root canals can not cure the infection and unfortunately yes you will lose those teeth. The worst part about this whole thing is that your dentist has not properly informed you by telling you that the longer those teeth are present the more deteriorated the bone will become and that when this occurs replacing them will be difficult.

I am sorry to be so blunt... I am sick and tired of people being mislead and misinformed by their dentist. It is not only financially costly to you, but your overall health is at risk also.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannaiah View Post
Hi Bryanna,

I don't have a xray with me, and could not get them.
I visited two dentists and they both said that the root end was not touched.
I'm going on travel, so I went ahead and had RC redone. It was done in one sitting.
Now I started have pain and I feel there is some kind of pressure, and now the tooth touching upper tooth and unable to chew properly. Also sometimes when I speak the RCd tooth hits upper tooth gives me sharp pain.
Pain is relieved for a brief period of time when I have some hot beverages

I called the dentist and he said its common to have pain and f
Now I think I'm going to lose both 24 and 25.
am I paranoid???
Cheers,
Kanna
I cannot upload images and post links as I'm new to this forum.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote