View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Teeth Yay, The Rae Letter

The cornerstone time capsule concept!! Rae's Letter! I mean, how often do any of us have the forethought to write a letter to self when facing an important decision so as to later take a retrospective view with that all so valuable 20/20 hindsight. For me, it was poetry. I wrote and wrote, because there was down right FEAR while knowing AGONY as my constant NOT COMPANION but RULER.

Think of it. A patient suggested by their physician to write a pre-surgery letter to self for consideration later on. Gotta tell you, just out of the positive far reaching GOOD results in my case. I would look back on a letter I might have written to myself from my current context thinking "and YOU feared THIS?" But my case is atypical of most writers here as I am one so successful to have been able through the technology to withdraw from all pain management meds.

Mind you, when I was pre-wreck and living life large my mantra was not to even take a Tylenol tab unless that headache was just so @$%# BAD. I did not like takeing meds which would or could affect my rapid thinking and such. The wreck was about to teach me MUCH about pain management.

SOOOOOO, in retrospect, I am Blessed to have been offered SCS. I feared its implant. Following the Trial op though, I was.... like.... HOW SOON CAN I HAVE THIS DONE?!?!?!?!?! So much so the doc reminded me there have been patients who so did not want the removal of the Trial unit they failed to show for the appointment to remove the Trial leads. Can you imagine? The police had to be called in on a warrant basis to go find the patient to force the removal or face charges of theft of property, and as valuable as this stuff is, it is likely a felony varying jurisdictino by jurisdiction.

Bottom line, if you are contemplating Trial of SCS or even Permanent Implant, write a letter to yourself, or write it to Rae and hold it safe for later to compare against the realities you experience if you ultimately did decide to take advantage of the surgery.

I wish I could have had this in 2006 rather than waiting until 2010.
Yup,
A convinced user of SCS,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ron h (12-05-2011), Rrae (12-03-2011)