View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 07:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi. Thanks for your quick response. So I called the OS service cause it was a little heavier and the OS who answered is also an MD so I explained what is going on. He was very nice. Explained to me that it is normal also and if i want I can put a cool damp guaze over the site and bite for 30 minutes. I dont want to do that because I do not want to pull the clot out. He told me not to rinse because it might have aggravated it. But I forgot to tell you and him that I have a slight cough. I noticed after I cough it bleeds more. i asked him if I will bleed to death and he laughed and said no. I also asked him will this eventually stop and he said yes, it will.
But again, i forgot to mention the cough.. What do I do? Will it eventually stop bleeding even with the cough? It is not a bad cough just at times I cough as gently as I can but there is sometimes mucus that needs to be cleared out. ugggg. They never mentioned coughing or sneezing, that I should not do it it is not on their pamphlet.
So here is the question.. Even with the cough will it eventually stop bleeding?
There is a nice black jelly like clot there and today earlier it was a grayish i am not sure what happened to the grey.
I am petrified of the dry socket. If i wake up tomorrow with no pain does that mean I might not have that to worry about being that it will be day 3?
Ok so I am a mess and i know it lol but I am just scared. My husband is funny he had a root canal (again) get infected and he had to have it out. He said he bled for 3 days and just swallowed the blood. He never got a dry socket or infection or anything. Why can't i just shake it off like it is normal to bleed and move on with my life?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Nicole,

I'm doing good...thanks for asking

Yes, it is very normal for the surgical wounds to ooze a bit of blood for the first day or two after the extractions. The reason it may ooze more when you are active is because as your blood pressure goes up from activity, the blood pumps more into that area. I would not worry about that. It should let up by tomorrow.

Make sure you are only doing "gentle", light swishing salt water rinses so you don't disturb the clot. It's only necessary to use a pinch of salt in a 3 oz cup of water.

Hope this information makes you feel better

Also.... I'm glad you had that root canaled tooth removed and also opted to not root canal that other molar. You did yourself a HUGE favor in the long run.

Bryanna
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote