View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 09:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=frenchfri1003;794879]I have had issues with my hands since April. They get red, bluish and ice cold. The issues with my hands have not resolved themselves independently or with medical help. I went back to the hand surgeon. Hated having to wait 1 1/2 hours which puts me in a bad mood. One of the tests he did was Adson's test which is used to assess for the presence of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome at the scalene triangle. I tested positive in both arms although more-so in the left hand. The color changes and coldness are not as strong as they were in the past. But now I feel my right hand is more swollen than it had been, not horrible but enough for me to notice. I also have a heaviness in my left writs and forearm. The hand surgeon wants me to go for physical therapy for 4 weeks and then go back. (I have been going for TENS, heat and massage for a month and I can't do that and PT at the same time due to insurance). He also took x-rays which looked good on my left shoulder. He said there were other tests that would show more info (MRA, angio... CAT scan) but didn't want to perform yet. I told him I do not want to put off testing until issues get much worse which I did with my neck. Never a dull moment. My ROM is pretty good once the day gets going. First thing in the am I am very tight, but after a few hours and exercises I am looser and better. Went back to the 2 pound weights in my Left hand and 5 pounds in my Right hand. I feel they are still so weak. I want all of the pain and discomfort to stop and feel good in order to participate in life to the fullest. There are days that I wake up in pain like prior to surgery but those are few and far apart. But it scares me when it happens. Have a Painless Day.
I would like some suggestions on exercises and how to proceed with the medical aspect. DO I continue with hand surgeon or go to a vascular surgeon. I will be going back to work in September and would like to further address these issues before going back to work. HELP PLEASE!

12/9/2010 ACDF C5-6 C6-7 with plate, screws,
BMP & bone fragment filled cages
2/14/2011 trying to go back to work as a teacher
2/17/2011 starting PT
wearing bone stimulator 4 hours a day
DDD, arthritis, herniated disks, pinched nerves
3 months saw a little bit of bone growth (YEAH)
4/15/2011 Home Tens Unit
6/2011 end plate growth no more bone stimulator
pretty good ROM
still working on the strength
some issues with knots and spasms
frenchfri1003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote