View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 10:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am currently receiving treatment from a chiropractor in my region that took courses on Chiropractic Neurology from the Carrick institute. This is only my second week in, so it is hard to comment if it has helped.

I will say that I was impressed on the thorough assessment I received. It was made clear that certain things needed to be found through the assessment in order for these treatments to work/be offered to me. It was identified that I had decreased muscle tone on the left side as well as a hard time tracking objects with my eyes on the left side. Based on the assessment, I was given "eye exercises" to do every 1 hour. Right now it consists of 8 Xs diagonally on a white piece of paper, doing short saccade eye movements diagonally down to the right and tracking my finger back up the page diagonally to the left.

These exercises were customized based on my deficits identified. These treatments won't apply to everyone; it depends on the nature of the injury. From what I was told, these treatments are aimed to reconstruct the pathways in the brain that were damaged as a result of the concussion injury.

From what I see so far, it is definitely worth looking into. If you do not have access to the Carrick institute in Georgia (I heard there is a 3 yr wait list) perhaps you can look into if there are any chiropractors nearby that have taken courses from Carrick.
comeback_kid_11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote