View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Stacy,

I so agree with you!!! The amount of money spent on meds that seriously make people very ill is unbelievable! I always approach the alternative ideas with patients and if they are open to it, I spend countless time with them discussing it. If they are standoffish.... I still put the bug in their ear!

I'm marking my calendar for 10 days from now for your appt.... so you have to go!!!!

Have a good weekend......
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl7 View Post
Hi Bryanna, in my experience as a pharmacist, people fell into two camps: those who were open to alternatives to modern medicine and those who weren't. I could immediately tell who was who. If they wanted modern medicine, they got it, but if they wanted to be healthy, I would spend all day talking to them about appropriate supplements and lifestyle changes. Of course, most of what I talk about I had to teach myself because my formal training was centered around modern medical treatment. I read a lot of studies, most of which are European since their governments fund research into vitamins.

The simple fact is that you will either spend money keeping yourself healthy or you will spend even more trying to get well. The more successful approach is the first one, and that's what I do for myself and anyone who will listen.

Anyway, I can picture what is growing in the dark in my sinuses! It's just like a cat bite--sounds so harmless, but I've seen very serious infections from cat bites where people had to be hospitalized for systemic infections. That's honestly why I don't have a cat! Their teeth puncture your skin, and plant those bacteria in your tissues, and it's a big mess.

I don't know how to make everyone understand, but there are definitely people who are open to alternatives. I think as we hear more and more about how unsafe modern medicines are, people are waking up.

10 days now til I go see the oral surgeon for a consult! I promise I won't cancel.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote