View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 01:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Still waiting for an answer!

I had my second appt. With UCLA yesterday, I have decided to be treated at the University because I seem to be a very difficult case. I love my Neuro Doc, she is patient and kind and has seen many people with my type of neuropathy, ( head to toe), but admittedly says this type is hard to pin point, she is sending me to the rheumy dept at the hospital because 2 years ago I tested positive on my SCL70 tests but after going to their rheumy dept at that time, they determined that my test was a false positive, I was tested again in Oct of this year and I tested negative for SCL70 antibodies. My Neuro Doc at UCLA decided to check those antibodies again and took blood yesterday again to check for this, sure am hoping I come out negative again I will have to wait a few more days to find that out. She also informed me that small fiber neuropathy can turn to large fiber, that's not good news, but as for now I do not have large fiber, Praise God! I will be having my third EMG in 2 weeks, I hope it will be negative. My Neuro Doc also said that if this was caused by a virus, she has seen many full body neuropathies resolve when caused by a virus. She also does not agree totally with my last neuro Doc, she says for now she will not treat with Ivig or steroids, she said both these treatments have many side affects of their own and again if my neuropathy is caused by a virus then in time it has a good chance of resolving, of course I hope and pray this will be the outcome, in the meantime I wait, it's so hard to not have a label on all this. Thanks my friends here for always giving so much encouragement. Love and hugs, Jan
Liftyourhands7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NeuroLogic (12-03-2011)