View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 05:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was diagnosed with ADD as a young child and have been on meds ever since (Ritalin, Concerta, Adderall XR). Now I am taking Adderall XR 20mg a day on an average of 3-5 days a week. My injury was 3 months ago.

When I told my Dr that I had not been taking the Adderall since the injury he said that the Adderall might actually help some of my PCS symptoms (memory, concentration, fatigue, trouble focusing). He and my Neuro explained that (and from experience I agree) the symptoms of PCS and ADD can be very similar, and a persons preexisting symptoms of ADD are magnified with PCS. I know its a stimulant and I'm still confused about that part, but maybe it works because an ADD brain reacts to stimulants differently then someone without ADD?

All I can say is I don't notice my symptoms being any worse on days I take Adderall. It helps me concentrate, complete tasks and I get confused less often. Overall I would say it helps me personally, but I can't speak for others.

Loss of appetite is the only side affect I notice and that has been with every ADD med I have taken. You just have to remember to eat if its time, even if your not hungry.

Hope this helped.
RubyV is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote