View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Most dental patients are anxious to some degree. Some are scared beyond belief... some question every little thing.... some say they don't want to know anything and others like my husband....take a nap!!!

To the dentist or myself who has experienced your situation with thousands of patients, yes you could say that you are over reacting to what we consider simple. However, from your standpoint, simple means no problem... nada... zilch... so any sensations that you feel <must> mean something is wrong, even though it's normal. I try to prepare our patients ahead of time with as much or as little information as possible... depends on the complexity of the procedure and the patient.

I'd send you some sunshine but it's already getting dark

Have a good night!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPPP View Post
It is rainy and cloudy here!! I wish it was sunny......I love the sun.

Question: Do you run into many patients at your office like me or do you and the dentist explain things better? I mean, my dentist is acting like I am over reacting (which I kinda am) but that is because my dentist never explained anything to me. In fact, I was told I could go back to work the next day and not to worry and that is that. I know in the dentist's mind, this tooth fell out after it was loosened and it "appeared" to be a simple extraction but I know how I feel. So....just wondering....thanks!

Kris
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote