View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ear plugs? Headphones? What to choose?

I am leaving in a few weeks to visit relatives in South Africa. I will be flying alone as the rest of my family is leaving earlier (work keeps me here later). I plan on taking my Kindle and reading a little bit; I don't have an Ipod at this point. I will probably just stare comotose into the seat ahead of me for the 20+ hour flight.

I will be spending time with family (lots of noise) and going out and about, but I"ve trained my family here pretty well (thanks to what I've learned here) and they are protective of me and understanding, so I don't have a problem going off by myself for quiet time. But I do want to be around family as much as possible...

Headaches and too much noise stimulation seem to be the lingering effects of PCS for me. I have tried the yellow foam earplugs that a pilot friend of mine gave me. They were uncomfortable and didn't seem to help all that much; I felt like I was underwater.

I don't mind wearing headphones in the plane, but I also don't want to be walking around with them on, so figure that I will also need ear plugs.

I've been researching the Bose noise cancelling Headphones, Etymotic Earplugs and Audio-Technica ATH-ANC1 QuietPoint headphones but am starting to shut down inow with headaches & computer issues and they all start looking to be the same..I know they're not, just not tracking real well now.

So I am wondering what everyone is using to help with their symptoms? And if you can guide me to what would be the best for me?
frzrdoor2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote