View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help darn nichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pame View Post
The FDA has tested the amounts of the different metals in foods. Go to page 129 for nickel. I made my own list of foods from lowest to highest in nickel and try to avoid anything above .08. There are a lot of foods in the list and it is very helpful. Some things like nuts, beans, chocolate and oatmeal are so high I get an immediate very itchy rash when I eat them.

*edit*

Also, I just learned that when they hydrogenate oils they use nickel to process the oils. I had already realized I reacted to hydrogenated oils and I'm guessing the nickel processing is the reason.
Hello, this is my first time blogging. I have nichel allergy, lactose intollerance and soon will do lots of testinf including fiinding out more about wheat, gluten and recently a sad skin depigmentation. I have been strong researching, trying to find a good allergist, dermatologist, etc here in Rome Italy or for the future in Nyc. Any contacts? Most important though is this question: What is the exact link for the FDA metals in food? you say p. 129 but I haven't found the correct link. I have several lists which I will willingly share but first want to continue my research. I look forward to getting and giving info and support. Sharing experiences could be very important. Ciao
dulcinea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote