View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kanna,

You are correct, the bone may not be adequate or healthy enough to hold implants in that area mainly because the teeth were root canaled. If the teeth had been removed at the onset of the infection, you would have had an excellent chance at having the implants. But because of the chronic infection in those teeth and bone, the width, height and health of the bone will be compromised from the disease process.

A removable partial denture is one option, but you'd rather not have that... understandable. Another option may be a 4 unit fixed bridge that would replace both of those teeth and it would be permanently cemented. If the anchor teeth (one tooth on each side of the missing ones) stay healthy and you clean the area well every day, these bridges generally last about 10 years before the cement wears out, sometimes longer. When the cement wears out, sometimes the bridge can be removed and re-cemented.... other times the bridge needs to be redone.

Yes, when you get the xrays please post them. They may be helpful in seeing the degree of bone loss as well as the health of the adjacent teeth if you are considering a fixed bridge. As for the issue with infection irrelevant of what is on the xray.... root canaled teeth are always infected.

Look forward to seeing your xrays....
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannaiah View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I want to get rid of those teeth but the problem is they are front ones.
What are the options if I go for extraction?

I would not like having something removed daily so for me implants would be good but again as you mentioned in your posts it may not be suitable for everyone.

Once I get permission to post images I'd like to get opinion based on my xrays.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Kanna
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote