View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhutton View Post
Hi Steven,
Thank goodness someone has duplicated my experience. Do I understand right that you had one dose at 7.00am which gave you an on until 10.00pm.? Assuming you switched on at 8.00am, that would mean 14 hours on time from one dose!! You had no other doses during the day?
What size dose of levodopa did you take, and did you take any other drugs in your 7.00am dose?
I am not surprised you got dyskinesia, the grape juice acts as if you had taken a larger dose than you actually did.
Thanks for your input
Ron
Ron, I take 3 Stalevo 200's per day..And yesterday, I took a teaspoon of Zandopa, so I could go out fishing

Fishing is very challenging, and as of yesterday, I had gone out three days in a row..Getting any ontime past 7:00 pm, even after taking a teaspoon of Zandopa with my regular meds is unheard of for me.......

I went out fishing today, and took my 3 Stalevos, and a teaspoon of Zandopa..I hauled 25 traps on Thursday, 30 traps on Friday, 20 traps yesterday, and 38 traps today..I havent fished 4 days in a row, in atleast 3-4 years, so you can imagine how tired, and fatigued I am right now

I took my pd meds..(Stalevo 200 mg, and Amantadine 100 mg)..at 7:00 am, this morning, and it usually takes 45 minutes to one hour get on..and I usually go off at about 6:00 pm..Days that I work, I have to take a teaspoon of Zandoa, to insure that I wont go off, while I am working, and I usually, but not always, go off at about 6:30 - 7:00 pm when I take some Zandopa

I dont eat breakfast, because it interferes with my pd meds, but I do have a cup of caffinated coffee

I wish I could get 14 hours out of one dose, but I am thrilled with another 3 or 4 hours of on time

I drank about 6 oz's of pure grapefruit juice and 6:30 am this morning, took pd meds at 7:00, and was on about 7:40 am

I had only had about 5 minutes of dyskinesia, when my meds kicked in this morning, and have had none during the day so far .It is 5:00 pm here now, so we'll see how long I can stay on today

I took my usual drug regimen yesterday, and today
Conductor71 (12-07-2011), toyL (12-21-2011)