View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 05:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,
So yesterday ( Saturday) I popped in at the OS just cause I am a paranoid mess to make sure all was ok and he said I have lots of clots and it looks real good. It is day 3 today and besides the feeling of my face being so tight and itchy it looks disgusting but I do not see any hole empty. They have gray and white and gross stuff over them. OS told me don't look at them they will drive you crazy lol.
So my question is is it still normal only 3 days later and 2 extractions next to each other for it to still be sore? And really tight? When I move around it throbs a little but when I sit still it is ok a little throb but nothing so painful. I do get a little pain in my ear but I think it is from jaw trauma. I am not thinking these are early warning signs of a dry socket happening is it?
It hurts a little when I swallow but I guess that is normal also.
And no bleeding so far for 2 days (but today is not ver yet).
So is this all normal?
Thanks so much
Nicole

QUOTE=Bryanna;829537]Nicole,c
C

It is normal for there to be some oozing of blood. You may even see some on your pillow in the morning.... normal. It is good that it is slightly bleeding as this means that the clot has not been disturbed. Yes, coughing will make it ooze a little, but it shouldn't be a real concern and the majority of the bleeding will most likely stop by tomorrow. If the oozing is troublesome to you, lightly wet a tea bag and lay it on the surgical site, bite down gently on the tea bag for about 15 minutes. The tannin in the tea will stop the bleeding.

Try not to worry about the color of the clot.... all that you have described is normal. I wouldn't recommend that you swallow the blood if you can help it because the blood can make you nauseous. Men do the weirdest things sometimes...... ~;->

Get some rest... you can prop your head up on a couple of pillows tonight if you would be more comfortable. Check in with us tomorrow.

Bryanna[/QUOTE]
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote