View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 02:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ada, I am assuming you mean seasonal allergies and not food allergies?

I have some food allergies: several kinds of nuts (they make my mouth and throat itch and give me headaches), preservatives sometimes make my face itchy/ red...

Seasonal allergies~ I have never really had a problem with them except last year... the Spring leading up to this RSD attack- all of a sudden whenever I would go outside my legs, arms/ hands would break out terribly, itch, burn and I'd have rashes all over. My Dr chalked it up to a really high pollen/ dry spring, and gave me allergy meds.. Well, I think to this day that that was all related to the RSD. I think my body just went nuts over-reacting to everything (RSD is overactive nerves, and the body in a fight/flight response mode)... I think it's all related but who knows! In a way it makes me think that RSD really is immune AND neurological, as the RSDSA states.

I hope you are feeling well. You really amaze me, that you take walks in with the hip/ pelvic pain. You are an inspiration! You mentioned that you think your RSD is going in remission? That's great! What makes you think that- have you lost symptoms, etc? Because I had a good experience the other day that really gave me hope- I didn't have much- no pain in my lower arms/ hands and my symptoms are a lot less in my hands/ arms... MAYBE!! Now to deal with the shoulders/ back/ legs/ feet!!

Sending warm hugs!
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote