Old 12-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Thanx Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Hi. That might have been me. I tried it out when I was still working as bankruptcy litigator, and discontinued it after a day and a half because my job required that I might have to remember the details of a phone call I had with opposing counsel two weeks earlier when at the time it wasn't important enough to but in my notes, but later became an issue on which I would have to file a sworn declaration with the court. And it was obvious that Baclofen wasn't playing along.

But once I was no longer working I went on it, where my neurologist advised me that it was the best drug available for CNS spasms and keeping my short-term memory in tip top shape was no longer at the top of my list.

That said even though my shrink put me on neuro-protective drugs (Namenda and Razadyne) as soon as I was diagnosed - 4 months into this - eventually the neurocognitive ravages of CRPS overcame whatever barriers we had erected, on account of which the effects of Baclofen became a drop in the bucket, as my memory (along with what few organizations skills I had) got progressively worse over time, while my Baclofen dose remained constant, at 50 mg/day.
Mike

Yes! It WAS you, Mike - Thank you!
I was concerned enuf to bring this up to my shrink and she too had mentioned Namenda.
The memory shortage has improved since then (for whatever reason), so I haven't pursued the Namenda as of yet.

I appreciate your feedback and references

Rae

Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (12-04-2011), fmichael (12-05-2011)