View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Tightness is very normal, so don't be concerned about that. A dry socket typically shows itself with increasing painful symptoms on the 3rd-5th day post op. The first week post op is the most crucial time after an extraction as the clots are forming to help keep the bone moist so proper healing can take place. It is when the clots are disturbed or when they don't form at the onset that a dry socket occurs. In your case, the clotting is normal as your surgeon told you so it's best to just continue with what you have been doing and nothing less or more.

Remember to gently rinse with warm salt water only, no mouthwash. This will keep the site clean and promote healing.

Thanks for the kind words.... I do try to be helpful

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry socket girl View Post
No I do not have that.. It is just tightness and at times very tight but not painful like that. Yes I had 2c sections and it was sore. Just concerned regarding dry socket and possible an infection. How many days do you go until you are possible out of dry socket and infections way?
You are such a help.. Always come to you for support. Patients are so lucky to have you when they go in for work to be by their side

[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote