View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 02:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question

Hi fern, my procedure was done early April of '05.

I can no longer pick up things away from my body. I'd be afraid to pick up a child.

I find that my rt. bicep tends to 'flip over' when I use my arm in a certain position (flossing my back teeth for example), this is VERY painful, like a cramped foot would be!

I'm also experiencing my sternalis muscles and biceps overcompensating for the lost pec minor stablization (per my PT), so now I'm getting tearing sensations in the sternum and arms.

On the plus side, I have fewer trigger points and a less-sensitive collarbone area. My scalenes spasm less often, but still give me problems.

It's not a complete fix by any means - merely a trade-off for pain/problems. I would highly suggest having the pec minor nerve block done first, to see if you get any relief. This is what I did, although in my situation the clock was ticking for my health insurance - I had literally 2 weeks before it was canceled, so I opted to have the pec minor release done bi-laterally. Had my insurance not been canceled, I'd have tried the blocks until they ceased to give me relief.

Hope this helps you,
Anne

"It is what it is."

Last edited by astern; 03-25-2007 at 02:30 PM.
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote