Old 12-05-2011, 07:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Mark,

See below
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
wakey,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your struggles. Been there, done that back in 1965.

You sound like you definitely have PCS.

You have provided very little information so I am asking all of these questions.

What is your prior history of concussions?
I may have had one, but I have never had any official diagnosis.
Do you play any contact sports where you may have been dinged but not remember the head ding?
I've been dinged--I played contact sports--but nothing like this.
Has your doctor recommended anything besides rest to help you recover?
No. Just rest.
Have you had any diagnostics done to check out your neck? Many PCS symptoms are related to unresolved neck injuries.
I have not. I will bring that up with my doctor.
What is your diet like? Do you consume caffeine, alcohol, foods with MSG, or any other chemicals/drugs that may alter brain chemistry?
I don't drink alcohol or smoke. I eat reasonably nutritious food. I don't consume any caffeine. I don't think I consume MSG, but I will check the foods I'm eating.
Do you take any nutritional supplements?
For the past 2 months I have been taking brain supplements, which are basically fish oil, b-12, b-3, etc.
What do you do to fill your day?
I am a student, so I have to work on a computer. I try to take breaks when I start to feel very bad, but it is difficult to do so. Staying off the computer is difficult because there is little to do without it. I spent the first month of my PCS trying not to do anything. I was not on the computer much.
Work?
Study?
Play video games?
Listen to music, what kind?
Watch TV, what kind?
Computer/online?

PCS can be a slow drawn out recovery. Stress is the worst thing to have while recovering.

Check out and download the TBI Survival Guide at

You may want to watch John Byle's YouTube series called "You Look Great" : Inside a TBI. There are 6 episodes to watch. It takes about an hour in total.

We're here for you. You have found a place where everybody understands your struggles.

Thank you. Nobody else seems to.
My best to you.
wakey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote