View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default diet

mrsD,
I DO feel much better on a very particular diet. About 13 ys ago, I pretty much lost an entire year of my life because I was so exhausted I could barely function. Had to postpone graduate school because I couldn't do anything. I was having ovarian cysts at the time, so thought it was a female thing so kept asking my OBgyn to help.....only to have him pat me on the head and say fatigue was a typical female thing and nothing he could/would help me with.

Long story short, I figured out that carbs were the culprit. I had a diabetes counselor teach me about the diabetes diet (tho I'm not diabetic) and I started a modified version. Low carbs, balanced with proteins and fats, numerous smaller meals......lost weight and got my life back all at once! I've been on that diet ever since, which is frustrating that docs assume I'm "fine" in that regard since I am not as fatigued. But if I were to eat a normal diet, I would be right back there, so I am NOT fine in that regard. NewEndo, the *@#%, said then keep eating lowcarb. Jerk. Explain what's wrong with me that I am Not Normal!!!! (My new FamDoc did test me for the celiac autoantibodies, but I was negative)
Friedbrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (12-05-2011)