View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 01:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
The whole shoe thing drives me crazy, and I have no idea what to do about it.
So far everyone has mentioned having sensitive feet. I have completely insensitive feet and ankles, meaning that I cannot feel whether a shoe fits well or is three sizes too tight, or rubs my ankles, or anything. I have severe pain in my legs and feet, they often feel like they are slowly being fed through a washer mangle, but it is only obliquely related to my footwear if at all. I have to decide whether a shoe fits by whether it leaves red marks or blisters on my foot when I take it off.
I also cannot keep clogs or most sandals on my feet because of the lack of sensation, and inability to move my toes. Fisherman sandals with lots of straps are okay.
Does anyone else have this problem? You could drive a two inch nail into my foot and I wouldn't notice if I wasn't looking.
I can identify with some of your problems. I get blisters all the time and I don't feel them. I discover them when I look at my feet and toes. I have a lot of ankle problems because i don't feel what my feet are doing and I wind up hurting my ankles. I have braces that I use on and off because of this. I broke a toe and didn't feel it...I only discovered it when it turned colors and it hurt when I tried to pivot on my foot. Yet, if I pick up a small rock in my sandals while walking, I still feel it. Its crazy and it really plays with my mind at times.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (12-05-2011)