View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Inhishands,

I do mean seasonal allergies. As I stated I got a allergy shot last week but am still dealing with the runny nose. I didn't have allergies until I got RSD. Now I have the seasonal allergies and am allergic to a lot of meds and foods. I too think it's from the RSD.

The reason I have my RSD in remission has been the care I have had. As soon as I was diagnosed with it my PCP went to work on it. He started giving me the meds I needed, getting the blocks for me, put me in PT, gave me triggerpoint injections which I swear by.

I have a PCP that has no meaning of the word quit. He was determined to get me through this so I saw him weekly and still do to deal with the councelling, pain and whatever else I have to deal with. Now comes the VNS for depression.

My belief is that RSD is not something that the Drs. can just give you a few meds and see you just when they are needed refilled and be done with it. I believe that is why we are not seeing any kind of good remission rate with RSD. We realize you don't get well from it, and I don't know many that have it and can work, but again there are some of them out there.

I believe that it is a syndrome that takes so much care that the Drs. don't want to deal with it due to the fact that insurance companies donot want to keep paying for the length of time it takes to get better from it.

I don't see many people that get the triggerpoint injections at all. The few that do only get a few and then feel like they don't work because they can't get enough to calm down the pain. Dr. Hooshmand talks about them in his book often and they are one of the most important things that has taken my pain away. I swear by the blocks to and again you see people only getting one or two even it they show signs of working. It takes a series of them to work.

I have mine calmed down in the arms, hands, legs, back, chest, neck, and seeing some improvement now in the pelvic area from triggerpoint injections. There are also Physcial Therapist that do pelvic pain therapy. I have my foot calmed down due to shots and my hands and fingers.

This surgery scares me because of the fact that it may go into my head area but my PCP says he's ready and the surgeon says he will do everything he can to keep it from happening short of a block. They can't do one in that area.

I think about the wonderful people we have here on this forum and the fact that they cannot get the real good help they need to get better. If I had one wish I would wish for them to get the kind of care I have been blessed with.
It's sad to see so many good people in so much pain and suffering.

I have to go I have to make one more trip today to my other place.
Thanks for the help.
Ada

Last edited by dreambeliever128; 03-25-2007 at 06:28 PM.
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote