View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 01:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so sorry that you are going through this.

Just my opinion...but I think ANYTHING that causes any sort of trauma can cause the RSD to spread. Mine spread after a block that was meant to help...and ironically it did give me some small relief in my left ankle where the RSD started but now I have it in my entire upper body too. I have no experience with SCS and at this point I would be too scared to try one after having spread after a block which is a far less invasive thing.

I pray that you are able to get some relief for this new pain. Please keep us posted on how things go...I hate to hear of anyone suffering with this monster. I also hope that they really listen to your complaints and work with you to resolve the problem. What made me most frustrated with my situation was that once the pain began to spread the doctor just shuffled me off to someone else and I got bounced around from one doctor to the next...all afraid to even admit the possibility of spread caused by the block. I knew that there were risks with getting the block...I signed all the paperwork...and it really just made me angry that the doc who performed the block was more concerned with covering his own butt than actually helping his patient. I certainly hope you doctors have more concern for your well being and can take steps to help you.

Good luck!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (12-05-2011), Rrae (12-05-2011)