View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Welcome new threadster!!

Dear Lynn-

Questions to ask the doc...... If they aren't lost in Rae's left pocket, I might have a few around here.....

BTW- congratulations on your new thread.. before you know it you will have gone from collecting threads to weaving fabric to assembling quilts!! Amazing how that works!

I found a few in the linty corners of my storage........
You mentioned the trial would be an out-patient procedure. Is it performed at the Belmar surgical center and do you insert the leads?

I spoke with one of the ANS patient ambassadors, and she described the original plan had been to leave the trial leads inserted for one day but that she elected to leave them in for five days to give the trial a thorough go. Do you allow the leads to be left in for five days, and if you recommend otherwise, what is your recommendation?

If the trial is successful, how long must we await the ultimate procedure for the implant?

I was told that post surgically, the patient should significantly limit their movement because the leads are at risk of loosening. Is this true?

Would the implant, if done, be of the EON transdermally rechargeable unit?

Reading and viewing the material, we understand the current technology is specified with a hope for a life up to ten years. Since the battery life issue is technology which seems to have been taken from the longstanding cardiac pacemaker technology, is it known how long the battery life is expected by existing evidence, or is it more a hope?

The patient ambassador spoke of recovery, beyond incissional pain, as a process which was several weeks in duration as opposed to the many month recovery she endured in laminectomy. She said the most common need is to recognize the need to wait out the formation of scar tissue to hold the leads secure. Is scar tissue the real security in holding the leads fast?

Viewing the materials and video, we learned the leads/paddles are secured to the spinal cord and that there is risk of paralysis, can you speak to the manner in which the leads are secured and to what tissue? Can you speak to the risks of paralysis the fine print on the video pointed out?

The materials show a variety of leads which are part of the product for implant. Are all of the leads/paddles used so it is a once in a lifetime implant, or are the leads only inserted in my case in the lumbar spine?

I understand the unit may be used as long throughout a day as the patient dictates in conjunction with the doctor and ANS, is the use a 24/7 proposition, or would I be limited in use as I am supposed to be with the interferential neuro stimulator? I currently use it from 3 to 6 hours per day.

Maybe these will help you form questions of your own.....
Thrilled for you,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ron h (12-06-2011), Rrae (12-05-2011)