Thread: Requip
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bizi, yes I've taken klonipin too and it definately helped me sleep, no problems with RLS or anything. And basically if I take the 5 mg of Ambien I don't need the requip. The requip has side effects that I don't like at all, nausia, bad dreams/thoughts. Worse than RLS, I had to quit after 3 nights.

Mari, yes, dependent...that's a better word Yes, he knows my history of mania. It's weird, the first time I saw him he asked what I thought would happen if I was completely off of lithium I said I'd probably get very depressed or manic, either one can be lethal. So he cut me from 1200 to 900 mg a night. And that was ok, I wanted to try to get it down anyway.

So then he took me off the seroquel and put me on trazadone. He said there's less side effects or something. And I didn't mind that either because seroquel made my mornings kinda difficult, hard to get awake.

So we've tweaked the trazadone to where it's working good, but he really seems to want to get that Ambien outta tha picture. He's always talking about it like it's horrible. I've not found anything bad about it though, other than the people who do the sleep walking and such.

I've been on 5 mg for the entire 12 years or so. Once in a while when I'm having a hard time I'll bump it up to 10 mg for awhile. So, I'm not building a tolerance, it still works fine. I guess this is just gonna be up to me letting him no I'm not gonna be willing to give that one up.

Thanks, I just needed to talk that out with someone.

Curly
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-05-2011), Mari (12-05-2011), mymorgy (12-06-2011), waves (12-06-2011)