View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Question Lexapro insomnia, loss of appitite

I was put on Lexapro recently and found it a great help in depression, anxiety, focusing, slowing my racing thoughts. It was amazing.

BUT, I developed insomnia on top of not being able to sleep. Correction, I could sleep about day break when it was safe, I could sleep all day...just not at the traditional time.

On the lexapro, the problem was I was exhausted, I so much wnated to lay down and fall asleep, but my bodyt would not let me fall asleep. No racing thoughts, just physical sleep would not come. I also could eat only bites. Nothing appealed, I knew I had to eat something.....

I didn't take it one day and the next day I only took a half....5 mg, so I will see if that helps.

But I wondered if any others had this horrific insomnia and inabillity to eat on it? Would it be a side effet that will eventually go away. Keep trying to reduce the dose, give up, switch.

Paxil Prozac were no good, night murderous terrors. I was on Effexor, but did not help like Lexpro did. Was the short time I was on it enough to break the cycle?

Any thoughts?
Dianne

Pocono area, PA