View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
This is not enough information. The results should list a specific number of foci present in a 4 mm sq area (focus=aggregate of 50 or more lymphocytes, histiocytes and plasma cells). You should get a copy of the results.

"Chronic inflammation" is certainly a clue that something is going on, but it could be caused by many things...its the 'infiltration of lymphocytes' that makes it a Sjogren's diagnosis. The ENT's office may not have read the entire result to you (so typical for them to summarize on their own), so get a copy.

Glad you're seeing a rheumy.
I saw the rheumy yesterday and my results aren't stated in the form you indicated. The results state that there is interstitial mild chronic inflammation includes a few plasma cells and while the inflammatory changes are not specific, they could be seen in the setting of Sjogrens if the clinical circumstances are appropriate and it further states that several lobules of involvement are noted. They want to prescribe plaquenil but only after my opthalmologist okays it. So I guess I have it.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote