View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 343v343 View Post
Quite right, not saying it makes the decision easy. I was just under the assumption rarely do any successes come out of it. 50% is not anywhere near good. But it's better than 20% success rate. Just trying to find -any- optimism or hope if I have to have the procedure.

I have asked a few others who have had it that don't post here and they've had good outcomes as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysf View Post
It looks like 12 people have had the surgery. 6 are better for it. The other 6 are the same or worse. One of those 6 is redoing the surgery so they must be worse, too.

I still don't think 50% success rate is much of an endorsement for surgery.

Of the people who are better, who has neurogenic and who has vascular or arterial TOS?
%0% is better then doing nothing. Of those having redo's some are because the first surgeon messed up the surgery and they may now be going to surgeons that are well known for successful TOS surgery.

Unless you have had surgery for TOS and DO feel better I guess one would think it isn't a good %. For those who have had surgery and are doing better then they were and are willing to accept not being 100% better counts more then anything.
zerodgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rjewels13 (12-06-2011)