View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suev View Post
One thing I didn't say before is that it took a GP, a rheumy, a cardiologist, an oncologist, two neuros and about 1.5 years for me to find the right neuro and get my dx. My symptoms were real - but vague - and I have a very thorough GP.

The point is I don't want you to get discouraged if things don't move rapidly. (And my first neuro referred me to an ALS clinic...which scared the xxxxx out of me! I responded by finding a new neuro of my choice!! And lucky for me, I got a really good one on the second go.)

Pls let us know how it goes...will be thinking of you.
sounds familiar. i had the same amount of doctors just took a little longer. one thing about all my doctors is that they werent trying to send me to specialty clinics like that they were saying that my symptoms were things like asthma or allergic reactions to food. i finally got the right guess (because thats what it was) from a ear nose and throat doctor that had never heard about myasthenia until a week before i came into his practice when he was reading a medical magazine. if it werent for that strange coincidence idk if i would still be undiagnosed.
brandonc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote