View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sure "improvement" is subjective. As is the 1-10 pain scale. At this point if someone told me, look "we can ensure your symptoms never get any worse than where you're at." I'd consider that a successful surgery. Because with each day, my symptoms get a little worse than the day prior. That's scary to me.

It's funny (or sad) how my interpretation of "success" has changed after having this for so long. With each conservative method I try, I become more desperate for some kind of answer. It feels like the clock is ticking, I guess.

I think anyone who has considered or done the surgery knows/knew the possible risks and complications. I have personally read every bit of literature I can get my hands on. I will still feel quite scared if that is indeed my only option left (the surgery). But I am simply saying it's refreshing to hear of some who have attained improved quality of life. *Whatever that means to them, respectively.

If every single story were negative, it would make the decision that much more depressing and scary. I went through each page of this forum, going back 5+ years and PM'd everyone I could find who had surgery. Was curious as to their results. Of course, many didn't sustain their relief, but it was a little more comforting to see more than I expected who actually did. *With NTOS, even - many years later.

Obviously from a pure statistical standpoint, the odds / prognosis are still poor. But when hope is in short supply, I'll take all I can get.
343v343 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote