View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 02:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,
Day 5 and no excruciating pain in either socket.. Yes !!!
But it is still sore, tight, and at times throbs a little. I woke up this morning tasting blood and when I spit out it was a little brown in my saliva but when I felt congested I pushed out the mucus from my nose and there was a little blood there so I am thinking maybe a little from the sites and sinuses. I know they are bottom teeth so the sinus is not related but it could be from the dryness in the house.
Is it normal to still have that AWFUL blood taste 5 days later? The sites look ok. They have some dark gray but no white on them. The tooth next to 30 is sore I guess that is normal though it was a RC tooth done a while ago. No more RC'S for me, I am done with them. I will hope the ones i have left will last, if not partials will be my alternative.
I see OS on Thursday to have the stitch taken out. Where 31 was in the back gum there is an incision and it is open (like a cut on your finger). It is the really soft part of your gum that goes up. Will this eventually close itself or will it remain like that?
Ugg I hate extractions they are so traumatic for me at least. I am hoping that this is all normal and there is no infection though if there was I think I would be in real pain, not discomfort. Is that right. Like I said it was only 5 days ago and it was a double extraction right next to one another. It is still sore it has not gotten worse, a little better. My gums feel a little big but again I think it just might all be related to tightness. I hope I am not driving you crazy. I am emotional today (no it is not that lol). Just want this ordeal to heal and I want to move on.I am sure this is not anything to be concerned about it is just that since August I have been dealing with mouth discomfort and been through so much that i want a break and I hope in the coming days things will die down.
Thanks Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Tightness is very normal, so don't be concerned about that. A dry socket typically shows itself with increasing painful symptoms on the 3rd-5th day post op. The first week post op is the most crucial time after an extraction as the clots are forming to help keep the bone moist so proper healing can take place. It is when the clots are disturbed or when they don't form at the onset that a dry socket occurs. In your case, the clotting is normal as your surgeon told you so it's best to just continue with what you have been doing and nothing less or more.

Remember to gently rinse with warm salt water only, no mouthwash. This will keep the site clean and promote healing.

Thanks for the kind words.... I do try to be helpful

Bryanna

[/QUOTE]
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote