View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 02:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Still rapturous over Azilect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretxu View Post
Just when I thought that I had to accept my fate, my ever worsening symptons and crazy dyskinesia, thereby losing my personal autonomy of coming and going at my leisure, driving a car and having a social life, a little miracle has happened:

I was at the neuros' last week for the yearly follow-up of a nationwide study on YOPD which I am part of, and while going through the testing, my neuro noticed that I was far more dyskinetic and jittery than last year. It's probably the Stalevo, she said, and asked whether I had heard about Azilect (rasagiline). I said yes, but knew nobody taking it. It's something like a new generation of selegiline, but much improved.

Well, she gave me a prescription to try it (a blister with 30 1 mg-tablets). You take one (or half) in the morning and it lasts 24 hours. I simply could not believe it, half a tablet (0,5 mg) cuts it for me. I'm free of dyskinesia all day, my movements are much smoother and I can go out of the house whenever I want, without worrying about not being able to drive back or have a fit of dyskinesia in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's as if I had turned back the time 3 or 4 years. I'm really happy with it.

Hugs to all and especially you fellow-dyskinetics!
I'm about to start Azilect; wondering how you feel about it after 4 years? Considering Comtan, and possibly Amantadine, to supplement 600mg Sinemet (10 years). Would appreciate your perspective.
Atma Namaste is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote