View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 05:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi, newmg,
As with our experience with my daughter's MG,seems like there is no certain way to differ Hyperplasia from Thymoma,based on CT results,or....even right away after surgery: the surgeon and chief oncologist were sure (or that's what they said...),my daughter had thymoma, and insisted on the surgery (transternal),she did not have signs of MG at that time,except of constant cough for 2 months,which Drs dismissed as MG simptoms.
I don't want to go to all details,she did start having MG simptoms,she did have surgery,complications, it was long way to recovery ( from surgery), but when, after surgery,I asked the surgeon,during his round visit,what was it in " Pathology report" ,he asked his assistant ,and the assistant read : thymic hyperplasia. I saw him to be REALLY confused,he said : Could not be! I am sure I was removing Thymoma!
....Well,then came another report: thymoma of rare kind,no comparison possible....I do not believe in that ,I do not believe them.
We still don't know,what was it...I just know, IMO,if its possible,go with less invasive
procedure,to avoid complications,as MG is hard thing to deal with anyway.
Best of luck.
Marina.
Marin826 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote