View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 05:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
There are different grading systems. The one I was referencing is the Greenspan scale which is used at Hopkins (where I had mine done) and many others (but obviously not all places). As long as it looks for infiltrates & inflammation and the findings correlate to your symptoms, which it did.

Yes, you should have a baseline eye exam (to include color blindness and field of vision checks) by an ophthalmologist before starting Plaquenil...and every six months after. The damage to the eyes from Plaquenil is extremely rare, but none the less important to be checked for regularly.

Plaquenil is not a quick fix. It can (and usually) takes up to 3-6 months before you notice any improvement.

So glad you're getting some answers. You may find other unusual symptoms have an answer now. There are many problems associated with Sjogren's. They may address your PN differently now with this diagnosis.

I am curious about that. I asked alot of questions about other problems I have and their relation to this and I didn't get any firm answers. I'll be seeing my neurologist in a couple of weeks and I'm curious to see what he says about it as well as my other doctors. I was seeing my opthalmologist every 4 months prior to this last time when he was finally comfortable seeing me in 6 months since using Restasis is keeping the blepharitis at bay. I also have pigmentary dispersion syndrome in both eyes which they have been following for a long time so they are being extra cautious over my eyes and thats fine with me. I have enough to deal with already.
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote